Priorities
My efforts to encourage you to prioritize missions,
ministries, and other important activities of the church were ineffective. I am
not accustomed to this lack of efficacy on my part. I can see that I had better
learn to tap dance before I stand before the Lord.
Not! I can’t even get the motions to the kids’ songs right.
I will confess my ineffectiveness, and God’s grace will be enough for me.
But for you, I urge you once again to discuss what’s
important going forward. Without some
stated priorities, assumptions are made that others think just as you do, often
resulting in:
·
No agreement on purpose
·
Assumptions not validated
·
Mission gives way to busywork
·
No financial compass
·
Emotion rules
·
No filter for budgeting and spending
This takes effort, and nobody signs up for this sort of
stuff. It is a duty and a discipline that mainly reveals dividends somewhere in
the future. In the RCA model, the root cause is the lack of immediate reward or
punishment for not doing this.
Do not be stifled by my lack of efficacy here. You can do
this, and I hope you do.
Priorities can be evaluated and changed. Our education,
experience, and God speaking to our hearts can say, “Let’s take another look.”
Priorities aligned with purpose are good things, but they
don’t just show up without deliberate effort.
Please consider this a part of your leadership calling.
No comments:
Post a Comment