Breakfast for the Teachers and School Staff
We will make breakfast for the teachers on Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at the high school. Please talk with Kendra Walker or Amanda Rush to help or to bring something.
It's Time for Backpacks and School Supplies!
The time is almost here for many volunteers as we give out school supplies on Wednesday, 9 August 2017 from 4-6 pm. If you have not been a part of the Backpack Ministry before, it really is not about the supplies. It is about being God’s love and making connections with our community. Yes, the school supplies are a big help to many families. It costs about $50 per elementary child to outfit them with a pack full of supplies. Actually, all of the supplies don’t fit into the pack.
When we issue packs, we also pray for the families, the teachers, administrators, and everyone in the school system. We have our children help the children who come pick out backpacks while others bring the supplies to the tables, and others pray with the parents. We help families get to supplies to their cars. Each bag of school supplies contains a gospel of John. This is how we do God’s love in action at the beginning of the school year.
Are You Blessed and Want to Help?
You may donate to the Backpack Ministry by mailing a check to CPC, Box 8, Burns Flat OK 73624. Please note BACKPACKS on your check. You can also stop by and see Pastor Tom.
VBS as always has been fantastic. Parents, friends, and other family come and worship with us this Sunday as we celebrate the week we had at VBS and our Victory in Jesus.
Our campers had a fantastic week and we enjoyed their testimonies. Now it is time to stay the course and keep that camper's high year round.
We enjoyed Pastor Fredrick's visit this summer. He is safely back in Kenya and working in the Kitale area.
Chewy Tuesdays is underway. See Don Foust to help. Have families call him at (580) 660-6666 to register for the Tuesday meals packed and delivered with love. There are only a few more opportunities left to be a part of this fantastic ministry.
We break from F4 during the summer and resume in mid September 2017. Enjoy your break but don't lapse in spreading the gospel wherever you go. See Tom to get GOD LOVES YOU - LOVE ONE ANOTHER wristbands and Gospels of John before you travel.
Men of Integrity meet at Rudy's Superette on the 4th Saturday of each month. We break for November and December. The next Meeting is 22 July 2017..
Dates to remember: 2017
• 19 July – Blood Drive (2-6 pm) in CPC Fellowship Hall
• 22 July – Men of Integrity – 9 am @ Rudy’s
• 23 July – Pulpit Supply (Lori Schneberger)
• 25-28 July – Vacation Bible School (DC FBC)
• 30 July – Pulpit Supply (Tiffani Burns)
• 30 July – Fellowship Meal (Team 2)
• 1-11 August – Backpack Ministry (4 August – Sign Up [need a few helpers] & 9 August – Pick Up [need many helpers]). Contact Heather Spence if you would like to help. Contact Kendra Walker if you see some great off season prices.
• 5 August – RRP Committee Meetings
• 12 August – Elder Retreat
• 26 August – Men of Integrity – 9 am @ Rudy’s
• 28 Oct – Trunk or Treat (Saturday)
GOD LOVES YOU - LOVE ONE ANOTHER