We are reading Chapter 14 of John’s Gospel this week. You will come across I Am statement (metaphor) number six. “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” () Six down. One to go. Hang in there and read your chapter every day.
Below is a list of Jesus’ seven “I Am” statements in the book of John.
- “I am the bread of life.” () As bread sustains physical life, so Christ offers and sustains spiritual life.
- “I am the light of the world.” () To a world lost in darkness, Christ offers Himself as a guide.
- “I am the door of the sheep.” () Jesus protects His followers as shepherds protect their flocks from predators.
- “I am the good shepherd.” () Jesus is committed to caring and watching over those who are His.
- “I am the resurrection and the life.” () Death is not the final word for those in Christ.
- “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” () Jesus is the source of all truth and knowledge about God.
- “I am the true vine.” () By attached ourselves to Christ, we enable His life to flow in and through us. Then we cannot help but bear fruit that will honor the Father.
Source for this summary: https://www.thomasnelsonbibles.com/jesus-seven-i-am-statements/