We are reading Chapter 14 of John’s Gospel this week. You will come across I Am statement (metaphor) number six. “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6) Six down. One to go. Hang in there and read your chapter every day.
Below is a list of Jesus’ seven “I Am” statements in the book of John.
- “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:35, 41, 48, 51) As bread sustains physical life, so Christ offers and sustains spiritual life.
- “I am the light of the world.” (John 8:12) To a world lost in darkness, Christ offers Himself as a guide.
- “I am the door of the sheep.” (John 10:7,9) Jesus protects His followers as shepherds protect their flocks from predators.
- “I am the good shepherd.” (John 10:11, 14) Jesus is committed to caring and watching over those who are His.
- “I am the resurrection and the life.” (John 11:25) Death is not the final word for those in Christ.
- “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6) Jesus is the source of all truth and knowledge about God.
- “I am the true vine.” (John 15:1, 5) By attached ourselves to Christ, we enable His life to flow in and through us. Then we cannot help but bear fruit that will honor the Father.
Source for this summary: https://www.thomasnelsonbibles.com/jesus-seven-i-am-statements/
Post a Comment